The Epilepsy Society of Australia (ESA) is offering clinical epilepsy training observerships of 3 months duration for early career clinicians from the Asian-Oceanian Region. A number of host institutions are available throughout Australia, and can offer clinical experience (as an observer), and/or training in investigational aspects of epilepsy (e.g. EEG).
Number of Fellowships for 2018: 2
Funding: The Stipend of up to and not more than AUS$10,000 is to cover airfare, accommodation and living expenses in Australia. With potential for top-up funding from ASEPA. Reimbursement of costs to Applicant.
Academic backing from the applicant’s own institution is required. The candidate should be committed to the care of patients with epilepsy, preferably in the setting of a public hospital.
Criteria for application:
- Not in training, and within 5 years of completing local Neurology training.
- Candidate must have academic support from home institution.
- Candidate must be supported by the ILAE Chapter member in country of origin.
- Candidate must be proficient in conversational English language with an assessment of English proficiency required.
All applicants should write to:
Dr Andrew Bleasel, email: email@example.com
All applications should include the following:
- Candidates should outline their clinical epileptology/EEG training goals.
- Curriculum vitae including the names of two referees.
- Supporting letter from supervisor at home institution.
- Supporting letter from local president of ILAE chapter.
- Applications should be made at least by November 30, 2017
- Applications assessed by the International Affairs Committee, ESA; with assistance provided by ASEPA.
- Host institution will assist in visa arrangements (3 month business visa)
- Part I (Written) Examination
- Those interested please write to the Board’s Chairman, Dr Shih-Hui LIM, c/o Department of Neurology, NNI-SGH Campus, Singapore General Hospital, Outram Road, Singapore 169608. Fax: 65-6220-3321, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Part II (Oral) Examination
- For those who have passed the Part I Examination and wish to take the Part II examination, please write to Dr Shih-Hui LIM directly for details (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com).